Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: A Christmas Story question

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    A Christmas Story question

    I love watching A Christmas Story. I have it on DVD. But every time I watch it I always have one question. Why does Ralphie seem so amazed by the snow Christmas morning? There's snow through the entire movie and it should be no surprise that there'll be some on Christmas. But he acts like he's never seen snow or a white Christmas. I just don't get it.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Christmas Story question

    Que Elp6n with all answers

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Christmas Story question

    Hmm can't say I've ever had this question presented before.
    My guess is he's amazed by it because it's fresh snow on Christmas morning and it was all pretty and stuff. Throughout the movie the existing snow was old snow.

    They do make a song about it.. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas.....
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Christmas Story question

    I dunno. He knows it's gonna be a white Christmas be it old or new snow. Maybe fresh snow on top of old snow was a bigger deal to kid his age back then. He just makes such a big deal about it I have a hard time believing that's it. Maybe it is, though.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Christmas Story question

    im pretty sure it was just the fact that it was christmas
    Cant we all just get along?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 9th, 2001
    Posts
    89
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A Christmas Story question

    Because everyone knows (or should know, per Frosty the Snowman), that Christmas snow is magic!!!!!
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •